Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Gift of Cake


I love to bake. I wouldn't be doing what I do, if I didn't. One of the things that I love about what I do is having a small part in helping make someones celebration a memorable one. It really is rewarding to see a big smile from a client and have them tell me how their cake was even better than they imagined.

Yesterday was one of those days, where I had created a cake for a bridal shower. It's always exciting to create a cake that has all the details that a client requested. After a long evening (and into the wee hours of the morning) of baking, my favorite part is the actual decorating. No matter how late it is, I always get that burst of extra energy when it's time to work on the decorating details and the final touches and bringing it all together for a finished creation.

It was a nice ending to a busy week, when I delivered the cake and the customer was so happy with how it turned out. This is why I do what I do. I love to bake.

*Bridal Shower Gift Cake Details: Dark Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Filling & Icing.

4 comments:

  1. The cake is the gift...wow, kill two birds with one stone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful!
    I admire the patience in making all the teeny tiny dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. phenomenal!!! i wish i could have one of these at my bridal shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake looks beautiful. I've recently been asked to do some celebration cakes and I've been working out different recipes. Your icing is so nice and smooth!

    ReplyDelete